The question was popped, you booked a venue, you bought the perfect dress, now you want to feel and look your most beautiful on your wedding day! Once you find a bridal hair stylist and a makeup artist the next step, a very important step, is to book a hair and makeup trial. Trials are extremely important, not just for you as the bride to get a feel for the people you will be entrusting to help get you ready for the big day, but also for the hair stylist and makeup artist to understand your hair and skin prior to the wedding. Here are some tips for you to know going into your bridal trials.
- Come in with clean, dry hair and a clean, moisturized face free of any makeup.
- Come with ideas of looks and styles that you like.
- Have a definitive idea of looks and styles that you don’t like. The trial will not be productive if we don’t have some idea of where to start.
- Remember that certain hair styles may not work with your hair type or length without help of extensions or hair pieces.
- If you bring someone with you, bring a person who is supportive but will give you their honest opinion. Make sure to show them your ideas before your appointment.
- If you have a veil or any hair accessories you want incorporated in your hair style definitely bring it with you.
- Understand certain eye makeup looks may not work for your eye shape or face shape and be open to hearing your makeup artist’s suggestions that may be better suited for you.
- Don’t be in a rush. Schedule on a day that you have a little flexibility because trials can take longer than expected.
- Give your honest opinion. The only way to achieve your perfect look is to communicate what you want, and we want you to feel beautiful and love your look.
- Don’t be scared to try a look that is out of your norm, you could find something perfect that isn’t what you normally do.
As hair stylists and makeup artists we want to make your trial as smooth and easy as possible! Hopefully these tips will give you an idea of how to prepare for your trial!