Do you just HAVE to wash your hair everyday?
You are not alone. A lot of women HAVE to wash their hair every single day or it gets greasy and dirty looking. But did you know that you may actually be the one causing your hair to get greasy? Here is what happens when you wash your hair everyday.
- Dry Scalp- When you wash your hair everyday you tend to dry your scalp out more.
- More Oil Production- The dryer your scalp is, the more oil it will produce to make up for the lack of moisture.
- Loss of Natural Oils- Stripping your hair of its natural oils will cause it to look dull and lifeless. Even thought the point of shampooing your hair is to clean it of the oil buildup, you don’t want to get rid of all of the oils. Natural oils are healthy for your hair and scalp.
- More Heat Styling- The more you wash your hair, the more you have to dry it. Using too many hot tools on your hair can lead to dry and split ends.
- Faded Color- More washing means your color will fade faster and that means more trips to see your stylist. As much as we want to see you in our chair every month, we would rather your hair be healthy, shiny and beautiful.